Tuesday, 10 April 2012
Stir Fried Snow Peas With Prawns
This is a regular dish on our dining table. My family (except my son) loves snow peas because of its crunchiness. Do not overcook the peas otherwise it will lost its crunchiness. I always cook snow peas with prawns. I don't know why, but when you cook prawns with some vegetables (celery, broccoli, string beans, etc), the dishes always taste better! :) My son will only eat the prawns from this dish. I can't make him eat any other vegetables except those leafy ones... Grrr...
A box of snow peas (string removed and trim the ends)
1/2 carrot (sliced thinly)
10 prawns (shells removed and deveined)
8 button mushrooms (sliced)
1 cloves of garlic (minced)
4 chili padi (deseeded and chopped)
1 tbsp of soya sauce
1 tbsp of oyster sauce
2 tbsp of cooking oil
1. Heat the work until hot. Add 1 tbsp of oil.
2. Sauté the prawns until 90% cooked. Removed.
3. Add 1 tbsp of oil in the same wok. Sauté the garlic and chili padi.
4. Add the carrots and stir fry a while.
5. Add the snow peas and button mushrooms. Stir fry for another minute.
6. Drizzle the soya sauce. Then add in the oyster sauce and toss in the prawns. Cook for another 2 minutes.
7. Serve with rice.