Saturday 21 April 2012

Stir Fried Celery With Beancurd (Tau Kua)



If you have realized, I have posted a number of celery dishes in this blog. Well, I love celery! For its distinctive taste and crunchiness... I bought a bag of celery 2 days ago to add in the instant noodles. Hahaha! So today I cooked the leftover celery in my fridge.
This is my first time to stir fry celery with tau kau. I find it this dish is good with porridge. Simple and light dish.

Ingredients:

1 bag of celery (sliced thinly)
1/2 carrot (sliced thinly)
1 Beancurd (cut into bite sizes)
1 clove garlic (sliced thinly)
1 chilli padi (deseeded and chopped finely)
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
50ml water
1 tbsp cooking oil
Oil for deep frying

Methods:

1. Deep fry the beancurd until golden. Set aside.

2. Heat 1 tbsp of cooking oil in a wok. Sauté the garlic and chilli.

3. Toss in the carrots and celery. Stir fry quickly.

4. Drizzle the soy sauce and continue to stir fry for few seconds.

5. Add the oyster sauce and water. Continue to stir fry until the sauce becomes lesser (about a minute or 2).

6. Quickly toss in the beancurd and stir. Turn off the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment