Tuesday 10 April 2012

Minced Pork With Dried Mushrooms




I don't really like to eat pork because I find there is 'pork' smell. Or I should say I prefer vegetables than meats. Even for chicken, I eat rather less. Ever since I had Bak Kut Teh at Balestier few years ago, I started to eat pork. I never eat roasted pork before until then. And I realized I have missed out the good stuff! I love Siew Yuk now!!! Drooling!!!

I often make this Minced Pork with Dried Mushrooms at home because my son loves this dish. Because of the dried mushrooms, the minced meat is savory to go with rice.

Ingredients:

300g minced pork
6 small dried mushroom (diced finely)
1 clove garlic (chopped finely)
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
100ml water
1 tbsp oil

Marinade for minced pork:
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1/3 tsp sesame oil
A dash of pepper

Methods:

1. Heat the oil with high heat.

2. Stir fry the minced pork until cooked. Push the pork to one side of the wok or pan.

3. Toss in the garlic and let it cook for few seconds. Mix the minced pork and garlic together.

4. Toss in the dried mushrooms and continue to stir fry.

5. Drizzle the dark soy sauce and stir evenly.

6. Pour in the water and add the oyster sauce.

7. Turn the heat down when the sauce starts to boil. Let it simmer for 10 minutes while covered.

8. Serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment