Tuesday 10 April 2012

Curry Chicken


Mainly adapted from My Wok Life.

I have cooked Curry Chicken few times in my life but usually turned out just so so. Until I read a post from My Wok Life. I changed the recipe slightly and WOW!!! The Curry Chicken turned out to be very nice! And it was so easy to make a pot of curry... I wouldn't have make the paste myself unless I really have too much time... Hahaha... By using Pre packed pastes are so convenient nowadays...

Ingredients:

1 pack A1 curry chicken paste
6 tbsp Baba meat curry powder
8 shallots (minced finely)
8 garlic (minced finely)
1 kg mid joint wings
1 kg potatoes (peeled and cut)
2 liter hot water
1 tbsp oil
250ml coconut milk

Methods:

1. Marinate the wings with 2 tbsp of Baba curry powder for at least 30 minutes.

2. Heat the oil in a big pot.

3. Sauté the shallots and garlic.

4. Add the wings and cook for 5 minutes.

5. Add 2 tbsp of Baba curry powder and 1 pack of A1 curry paste. Stir and add some water. Cook for few minutes and add the remaining water.

6. When the curry starts to boil, add the potatoes and remaining curry powder.

7. Cook with high heat for 20 minutes until the wings are cooked and potatoes are soft.

8. Add the coconut milk and stir. Once boiling, turn off the heat.

Add more water if prefer watery.

No comments:

Post a Comment