Tuesday, 24 April 2012
Steamed Whole Fish - Sea Bass (金目鲈)
I didn't manage to take a photo of the fish after steaming the fish because everyone started eating it as soon as it was placed on the dining table!!! Luckily I took a picture before the fish was sent into the hot steaming wok! It has been a long time since we ate 金目鲈. Mainly because my son prefers white pomfret than other fishes. Today the fish was really fresh and tender. I was surprised that my son ate most of the fish. Indeed, the freshness of the fish makes lot of differences.
I think from now on, we will start buying 金目鲈 instead. Cheaper and bigger than white pomfrets lah!! Lol!!!
1 medium sea bass (金目鲈)
8 slices ginger (thumb size)
2 stalks spring onions (snapped into 5cm length)
2 chilli padi (chopped)
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp cooking oil
1/2 tsp salt
1. Clean the fish. Rub the fish with the salt. Rinse off the salt with water after 30 minutes.
2. Place 4 slices of ginger on the steaming plate. Put the fish on the top of the ginger.
3. Place the remaining ginger, chilli and spring onions on the fish.
4. Put the tomatoes beside the fish.
5. Drizzle the oil and soy sauce on the fish.
6. Once the water starts to boil in the wok, put the fish in and cover. Steam for 15 minutes depending the size of the fish.
7. After steaming, sprinkle some pepper before serving.