Sunday 29 April 2012

Fried Bee Hoon


I'm feeling lazy this weekend. I cooked Yong Tau Foo Macaroni yesterday. And this morning before I headed to the office, I was thinking what to cook for dinner. Sigh... I hate to work on Sunday...


Then an idea popped up. Why not fry up a wok of Bee Hoon and a pot of Chicken Curry! These can easily serve 5 to 6 person. At least I don't have to come up with 3 or 4 different dishes! Hahaha... Within an hour or so, a nice pot of pipping hot curry and Bee Hoon is ready for dinner.

Ingredients:

1 packet Bee Hoon (400g)
1 cabbage (sliced)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
Salt (optional)
2 tbsp oil

Mixture:
300ml water
2 tbsp dark soya sauce
5 tbsp soy sauce
2 oyster sauce

Methods:

1. Soak the Bee Hoon with water until soften. Drain and set aside.

2. Sauté the garlic with 2 tbsp oil in a wok.

3. Add the cabbage and stir fry for few minutes.

4. Add the Bee Hoon into the wok.

5. Drizzle the mixture on the Bee Hoon. Stir and mix well until the mixture dries up.

6. Taste the bee hoon. Add a little salt if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment