Tuesday, 10 April 2012
Pan Fried Tofu With Minced Meat And Vegetables
At first, I wanted to make something like the Zi Char stalls' hot plate tofu. Then I decided this is good enough. Hahaha... Yes, I am lazy lah! A piece of tofu topped with flavoursome minced meat and sauce! Yummy!!!
1 tube of silk / egg tofu (sliced)
1 clove garlic (minced)
3 shiitake mushrooms (chopped)
1 handful Assorted bell peppers (chopped)
1/3 carrots (chopped)
8 snow peas
50g minced meat (marinated with 1 tsp of sesame oil, 1 tsp oyster sauce, few drops of thick dark soya sauce)
Corn flour for dusting the tofu.
Oil for pan frying tofu
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp thick dark soya sauce
1/3 cup of water
1. Dust the tofu lightly with corn flour.
2. Use a non stick pan, add about 4 tbsp of cooking oil using high fire.
3. Pan fry the coated tofu till golden. Remove and set aside.
4. Using a wok, heat 1 tbsp cooking oil with high heat.
5. Sauté the garlic and add the minced meat till cooked.
6. Add the mushrooms, carrots and bell peppers. Stir fry for a while.
7. Add the thick dark soya and oyster sauce. Then add the snow peas and stir fry.
8. Then add the water. Simmer for 1 or 2 minutes.
9. Drizzle on top of the tofu.