Tuesday, 10 April 2012
There are many ways to cook prawns. As a Cantonese, we often eat prawns at home nowadays. I remember when I was small, we only got to eat prawns during festive seasons. My late grandmother used to whip up a plate of prawns on Chinese New Year Eve and Day 1. She only used simple ingredients to cook the prawns but yet until now, with the same ingredients, I still cannot make exactly same like hers...
12 medium prawns
1 small onion (minced)
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
2 tablespoons of sambal chili paste (homemade or store bought)
A dash of salt
2 tablespoons of cooking oil
1/4 cup of water
Spring onion (chopped)
Cut red chili
1. Add the oil into the hot wok.
2. Sauté the onions then the garlic till fragrance.
3. Toss in the prawns and fry for few minutes.
4. Add the sambal chili and coat evenly.
5. Add the water (as you prefer) and cook for another minute.
6. Serve with coriander and spring onion.