Saturday, 21 April 2012
Bak Kut Teh (Using Seah's Bak Kut Teh Spices)
My son loves Bak Kut Teh. Hmmm... He only loves the soup but not the meat... :s I like to use Seah's BKT spices as it is light and not so strong taste of herbs. As my son loves peppery soup, I added some crushed white peppercorns. Comfort food for a rainy day like today...
1 pack Seah's Bak Kut Teh Spices
4 cloves garlic (unpeeled)
1 kg prime or pork ribs
1 tbsp crushed white peppercorns
2 litres water
1. Scald the ribs with boiling water. Drain and set aside.
2. Boil 2 litres of water in a big pot.
3. Once the water boils, put in the spice bag and ribs. Cook with high heat for 10 minutes.
4. Turn down the heat and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Toss in the peppercorns and garlic. Simmer for another 30 minutes.
6. Garnish with coriander.
Serve with cut chilli padi in dark soy sauce.