Monday, 9 April 2012
Bitter Gourd With Eggs
My first time making bitter gourd omelet and it was successful! Well, I used the remaining half of bitter gourd for Braised chicken wings with bitter gourd the day before.
1/2 bitter gourd (sliced thinly)
1 red chili (sliced thinly)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 pinch of salt
2 eggs (beaten)
1 tsp soya sauce
Dash of pepper
2 tbsp cooking oil
1. Rub 1 tsp of salt on the bitter gourd to remove the bitterness for 1 minute. Rinse off the salt and set aside.
2. Add 1 tsp soya sauce into the egg mixture and beat well.
3. Heat the oil in the pan. Toss in the bitter gourd and stir fry.
4. Sprinkle the garlic powder.
5. Toss in the sliced chili and continue to stir fry. Sprinkle a pinch of salt.
6. When the bitter gourd turns slightly limp, pour in the egg mixture.
7. When the egg starts to set, toss evenly.