Sunday 22 April 2012

Steamed Fish Fillets



I didn't have the time to go to the wet market this morning as I need to go back to the office today. Finally I finished work and knocked off at 3pm. So I rushed to the NTUC Finest to grab some groceries for dinner tonight. Actually I wanted to buy red grouper fillets but sold out. So I got Toman fish instead. I don't really like to buy Toman fish fillets as there are lots of bones. Unless whole fish, otherwise we prefer boneless fillets. We had bad experiences... That my son was admitted to hospital because he swallowed a fish bone years ago. Luckily, few months after the awful incident, he started to consume fish again. For the first few months he refused to eat fish, including fishballs!

Ingredients:

2 fish fillets
1 tomato (quartered)
8 slices ginger
1 chilli padi (chopped)
1 tsp cooking oil
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp water
10 stalks (length about 5cm) of spring onions

Garnish:
Spring onions
Coriander

Methods:

1. Put 4 slices of ginger on a steam plate.

2. Place the fish fillets on top of the ginger. Put 2 slices of ginger on top of each fillet.

3. Place the tomatoes at the sides of the fillets.

4. Drizzle the oil, soy sauce and water on the fillets and top with the 10 stalks of spring onions and chilli.

5. Once the water starts to boil in the wok, place the fish in and cover. Steam for 10 minutes.

6. Remove the plate from the wok. Discard the spring onions. It should be limp after the steaming.

7. Garnish with fresh spring onions and coriander.

No comments:

Post a Comment