Saturday, 21 April 2012
Kiam Chye With Pork In Tomato Sauce
Whenever I'm cooking plain porridge, this dish will definitely comes across my mind. For plain porridge, it certainly goes well with salted vegetables, salted eggs, chai po eggs and etc. I first have this dish at my auntie's place. And I fell in love with it instantly!
1/2 head of Kiam Chye (salted vegetables)
1 tomato (quartered)
100g of lean pork (sliced thinly)
1 clove garlic (minced finely)
100ml tomato sauce (about 7 tbsp)
A pinch of sugar
2 tbsp cooking oil
1. Slice the Kiam Chye into strips and soak with water for an hour. Change the water few times to remove the saltiness. Drain and set aside.
2. Sauté the pork strips with a tbsp of oil. Set aside.
3. Heat 1 tbsp cooking oil in a wok and sauté the garlic.
4. Toss in the tomatoes and stir fry.
5. Add the Kiam Chye and continue to stir fry for a minute.
6. Toss in the pork strips and continue to stir fry for few seconds.
7. Add the tomato sauce and water.
8. Let it cook for about 3 minutes until the tomatoes have soften. Sprinkle the sugar and stir well. Turn off the heat.
9. Serve with porridge.
You may add more tomato sauce as desired.