Saturday, 14 April 2012
Steamed Toman Fish With Taucheo
The other day I was telling my colleague that I was sick with the usual way of steaming fish (ginger, spring onions, cut chilli, tomatoes and soy sauce). And she taught me to steam fish with taucheo instead!
We simply love it! Yummy!!!
1 piece of Toman fish fillet (Snakehead)
3 cloves garlic (minced finely)
3 pieces ginger (stacked and sliced into matchstick sizes)
2 tbsp taucheo (minced finely)
1 tbsp oil
1. Wash the fish and pad dry. Set the fish on the steam plate.
2. Heat the oil in the hot wok. Sauté the ginger and garlic until nicely crisp. Drain and set aside.
3. With the remaining oil, sauté the taucheo and add the water. Cook for a minute. It should look like a thick paste. Remove and set aside.
4. Put the plate of fish in a steamer (water boiling) and steam for 7 minutes.
5. Put the taucheo on the fish. Top with ginger and garlic. Steam for another 3 minutes.
6. Turn off the heat and sprinkle with spring onions.
You may use whole fish or fish head to steam.