Monday, 9 April 2012
Stir Fried Mix Vegetables
I always prefer vegetables than meat and I could easily polish off a plate of vegetables myself! Hahaha... I like to stir fry mix vegetables because I can mix with different types of leftover vegetables you have in fridge. And most importantly, it's healthy and delicious!
6 asparagus (trimmed and sliced)
12 snow peas (ends trimmed)
Carrot (sliced thinly)
10 florets cauliflower
3 shiitake mushrooms (sliced)
10 bite sizes red bell pepper
4 cherry tomatoes (halved)
1 clove garlic (minced)
1 shallot (sliced)
1 tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
3 tbsp water
Water for blanching
1 tbsp oil
1. Blanch the cauliflower and carrots. Remove and toss into cold water to maintain its crunchiness. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a wok. Sauté the shallots and garlic.
3. Toss in the mushroom, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, asparagus and snow peas. Stir fry quickly.
4. Drizzle the soya sauce and oyster sauce.
5. Toss in the carrots and cauliflower. Stir fry quickly.
6. Add the water and cook for another minute. Turn off the heat!
Do not overcook vegetables!!