Monday, 9 April 2012
Deep Fried Yong Tau Foo
I don't know why... But I just love Yong Tau Foo! Give me Yong Tau Foo anytime and I will be glad to have it. My late father used to cook Macaroni with Yong Tau Foo Soup which I love it very much and cook quite often. Someday, I will put the recipe here ;)
Deep fried Yong Tau Foo is my brother's favorite dish. He always requests for this dish and he can wipe out bowls of rice just with this dish!
Assorted Yong Tau Foo
1 clove garlic (minced)
1 tbsp Taucheo (minced)
1 tbsp oil
Oil for frying
Pinch of sugar
1. Deep fry the Yong Tau Foo until golden. Remove and set aside. Remove the oil.
2. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a wok. Sauté the garlic, and toss in the yellow bean paste till fragrant.
3. Pour in the water and let it boil. Add a pinch of sugar.
4. Toss in the Yong Tau Foo and coat the sauce evenly.
5. Simmer for 1 minute. If you want lesser sauce, cook longer.