Tuesday, 10 April 2012
Poppy's Minestrone Soup
Occasionally I make this hearty soup for lunch. I love anything with tomatoes. This soup is so easy to make. Just chop all the vegetables and toss into the pot, and you will get a pot full of nutrients soup!
Serves 2 or 3
4~6 cups (1 - 1.5litres) of chicken soup
1 onion (chopped)
4 stalks of celery (chopped)
1/2 carrot (cubed)
1 large potato (peeled and cubed)
1 tomato (quartered)
1 small bowl of kennel corns
1 cup of macaroni
4 tablespoons of tomato purée
1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
Coarse black pepper (optional)
1. Heat the olive oil in the pot.
2. Fry the onions for a minute till fragrance.
3. Add the carrots, potatoes, celery and tomatoes and fry together with the onions for another minute.
4. Pour in the chicken soup.
5. After the soup starts to boil, turn down the heat. Put in the tomato puree and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Add in the macaroni and cook for another 10~15 minutes.
7. Add the corn and cook for few minutes.
8. Season with salt and turn off the heat.
9. Sprinkle with black pepper and serve.