Tuesday 17 April 2012

Fish Curry


This morning, I was thinking what dish of fish I can make today. Not the usual steamed or fried fish... I was browsing the shelves at NTUC, and I saw this pack of fish curry paste. An idea popped up! I never cook fish curry before! We always enjoy fish head curry from the Zi Char stalls, but never try cooking at home. So I bought 2 slices of Batang fish from NTUC and some vegetables to make this fish curry this evening. I like to use pre-packed curry pastes. It saves the time and hassles, especially working moms like us. I must say pre-packed pastes is one of the greatest inventions! Hahaha!!!

Ingredients:

1 pack A1 fish curry paste
2 Slices of Batang fish (or other fishes)
1 onion (chopped into big pieces)
1 tomato (quartered)
8 okra (chopped into halves)
1 eggplant (cut into pieces)
100ml coconut milk
500ml water
3 tbsp oil

Methods:

1. Marinate the fish with salt.

2. Heat 2 tbsp of cooking oil in a pan. Pan fried the fish. Remove and set aside.

3. Sauté the onions with 1 tbsp of cooking oil in a pot.

4. Add the tomatoes, eggplant and okra. Stir fry for 10 seconds.

5. Add the curry paste and continue to stir fry with the vegetables.

6. Add the water and let it boil.

7. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the vegetables start to soften a little.

8. Add the coconut into the curry. Stir well.

9. Lastly, put the fish into the curry and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment