Tuesday, 1 May 2012
Braised Prime Ribs With Bitter Gourd
Today I want to cook something with bitter gourd. Not the usual bitter gourd omelette again... I bought some chicken breasts for soup at the wet market and I saw some pork prime ribs. Why not braised prime ribs with bitter gourd? I love braising. It is so easy. Just put everything in and braised! :)
6 pieces prime ribs
1/2 Bitter Gourd (cut into thick sticks, soak with water and 1 tsp of salt for 30 minutes. Rinse with water and set aside.)
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp taucheo (minced)
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
300ml or more water
Pinch of sugar
1 tbsp cooking oil
Marinate the prime ribs for at least 30 minutes:
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
A dash of pepper
1. Heat the oil in the claypot. Sauté the garlic and taucheo.
2. Add the ribs and stir fry a while.
3. Add the water and dark soy sauce. Let it simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Add the bitter gourd and continue to simmer until they are soften.
5. Add a pinch of sugar before turning off the heat.