Saturday 12 May 2012

Spaghetti With Onions, Mushrooms And Chicken





Today, I made this Spaghetti for dinner. I didn't go to the wet market this morning and I was thinking just make a simple dinner.

I need to send my son to his tuition lessons on every Saturday afternoon. So preparing dinner is always a challenge to me on Saturday. Need something quick and easy! For the pasta sauce, i used store bought. Hehe... Oh yes, I serve the spaghetti with Italian Salad. I bought a bag of Italian Salad at Tanglin Market Place while waiting for my son to finish his class. Hmmm... The salad was very fresh and nice. I love the balsamic vinaigrette dressing! I boiled 2 eggs to add on the salad. A satisfying dinner! Burps!

Serve 5

Ingredients:

250g Spaghetti
1 onion (diced)
2 cloves garlic (sliced)
1/2 green bell pepper (diced)
1/2 yellow bell pepper (diced)
200g chicken fillet
10 button mushrooms (sliced)
400g pasta sauce (store bought)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 coarse black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
Water for cooking the spaghetti
200ml or more water

Methods:

1. Boil a pot of water. Add a little salt and olive oil. Once the water starts to boil rapidly, put the spaghetti in. Cook for about 15 minutes. Drain the spaghetti once it's ready. Set aside.

2. Sprinkle the sea salt and coarse black pepper on the chicken fillets.

3. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a non stick pan. Pan fry the chicken fillets until nicely golden brown. Set aside. Slice them into bite sizes.

4. Using the same non stick pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil. Sauté the onions and garlic.

5. Toss in the bell peppers and mushrooms. Cook for a minute.

6. Add the pasta sauce. Mix evenly with the vegetables.

7. Add about 200ml of water and cook for 1 minute.

8. Add the spaghetti and chicken. Toss evenly. Turn off the heat.

You may grill the chicken fillets instead of pan frying.



No comments:

Post a Comment