Monday, 7 May 2012
Thai Pineapple Fried Rice
Yesterday I decided to whip up some Thai dishes. My favorite Thai dishes: Tom Yum Goong, Kraphong Khao Priao Wan (sweet and sour fish), Gai Yang (Thai grilled chicken), Sweet and Sour Pineapple Fried Rice and Sticky Rice with Mango. What's yours?
For dinner I made: Clear Tom Yum Goong, Pineapple Fried Rice, Gai Yang, Stir fry little Kailan with mushrooms.
2 cup rice (cook as per normal and chilled in fridge for at least 2 hrs. Best overnight)
1/2 carrot (diced)
100g Cashew nuts
1 box of dried raisins
2 slices fresh pineapple (cut into bite pieces)
1 tbsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp minced shallots
2 tbsp cooking oil
2 tbsp water / pineapple juice (optional)
1. Heat the oil in the wok. Sauté the shallots and garlic.
2. Add the diced carrots and stir fry quickly.
3. Add the rice and pineapples into the wok and stir.
4. Add a tbsp turmeric powder. Stir and make sure the rice is evenly coated. Add some water if it's getting too dry.
5. Sprinkle some salt. Stir and taste the rice if it's salty enough.
6. Toss in the raisins and cashews. Mix with the rice. Turn off the heat.
7. Garnish with fried shallots and coriander. May add pork floss, hotdogs or prawns too.