My all time fave dessert would be this Sticky Rice with Mango! I must say the best Sticky Rice with Mango I have eaten was in Thailand.
With minimum of ingredients, it is very easy to make this dessert at home.
Serve 1 or 2
1/2 cup of glutinous rice (I use rice cup)
1 pack of coconut milk
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp sugar
1 mango (cubed)
1. Soak the glutinous rice with water overnight.
2. Steam the glutinous rice for about 30 minutes.
3. In the meanwhile, heat the coconut milk with low heat. Stir slowly. DO NOT BOIL THE MILK.
4. Add the salt and sugar. Keep stirring.
5. Taste the coconut milk if it is sweet enough for you. It's ok to be sweeter because it will taste less sweet with the sticky rice. Turn off the heat and set aside.
6. When the glutinous rice is ready, add 3 ~ 4 tbsp of coconut milk into the rice and mix well. Cover and leave it for 10 minutes.
7. Place the mango and sticky rice of the plate. Drizzle some coconut milk on the rice (and mangoes if prefer).
May add some pandan leaves in the coconut milk during the heating process.