Tuesday, 1 May 2012
Easy Chinese Sweet And Sour Fish
This whole fish only costs $3. I bought it at the wet market. It was pretty late when I reached the market. There were only some fishes left. I don't know what's the name of this fish... :s I only know that I always buy this fish for deep frying. Next time I will post the photo of this fish before cooking... ;)
By the way, you may add a little of vinegar in the ketchup mixture.
1 whole fish
1 clove garlic (minced)
1/2 onions (chopped into squares)
1/2 red bell pepper (chopped into squares)
1/2 yellow bell pepper (chopped into squares)
Oil for deep frying
1 tbsp cooking oil
1/2 tsp salt
6 tbsp or more ketchup
Pinch of sugar
1. Rub the salt on the fish.
2. Heat the oil for deep frying until hot. Turn the heat down before putting in the fish. Deep fry the fish until golden. Remove the fish and set it on a plate.
3. Heat 1 tbsp cooking oil in the wok. Toss in the onions and sauté. Add the garlic and sauté.
4. Toss in the bell peppers and stir fry for few seconds.
5. Add the tomato mixture and let it boil. Cook for a minute and turn off the heat.
6. Ladle the sauce on top of the fried fish.