Who doesn't like Tau Suan? It's my favorite! Yum yum!!!
400g split green beans
12 stalks Pandan leaves (washed)
2 litres water
3 tbsp potato starch flour
1. Soak the split green beans in warm water for 30 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Using 3 leaves together to tie a knot. Make 3 knots (see the photo).
3. For the remaining 3 Pandan leaves, cut them into smaller pieces and put them with the split green beans.
4. Steam the split green beans for 30 minutes.
5. Boil 2 litres of water in a pot. When starts to boil rapidly, add the 3 knots of Pandan leaves and cook for 10 minutes. Add the sugar (as desired). Remove the Pandan leaves.
6. Back to the steamed split green beans. Remove the Pandan leaves from the beans. Then pour the beans into the pot of water.
7. Stir in the starch water slowly until it's thick and gluey enough.
Toss the cut You Tiao on the top of the dessert.