Monday, 21 January 2013
10 mid joint wings
10 fresh shiitake mushrooms (halved)
2 potatoes (peeled and chopped into bite pieces)
2 carrots (peeled and chopped into bite pieces)
4 stalks celery (sliced thickly)
1 big tomato (quartered)
20 cloves garlic
20g Italian parsley (chopped finely)
Coarse black pepper
3 tbsp cooking oil
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non stick pan. Pan fry the wings on both sides till golden brown. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a pot. Sauté the chopped parsley, garlic and shallots till fragrant.
3. Add the mushrooms,potatoes, carrots, and celery. Stir fry for a minute.
4. Add the chicken stock (about 800ml) and bring to boil. Once boiling rapidly, add the tomatoes and chicken wings. Cook for a minute.
5. Turn the heat down and simmer for an hour. Remember to stir sometimes. The sauce should thicken now.
6. Add some sea salt and coarse black pepper.
Serve with some rice or pasta.