500g pork (五花肉) - cut into strips
20 small or medium size dried mushrooms (soak with water until soften)
2 carrots (peeled and chopped into big pieces)
4 cloves of garlic (whole)
3 tbsp thick dark soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp rock sugar
1 tbsp cooking wine
1 tbsp cooking oil
500ml or more water
1. Heat the cooking oil in a non stick wok.
2. Sauté the garlic until lightly browned.
3. Add the pork and stir fry.
4. Add the thick dark soy sauce and continue to stir fry for few minutes.
5. Add the cooking wine and oyster sauce and stir fry.
6. Add the water and carrots. Cook for 10 minutes.
7. Turn the heat down and simmer for an hour.
8. Add the rock sugar. By now, the sauce should have reduced by half. Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt and stir well.
May cook with clay pot for better results.